We kicked off the morning with a hardy bowl of coco crispies and carnation instant breakfast to send the girls off the school. Not just any school day though...today was the first day of "big school" for Kayden. We could call it her first day of kindergarten, but whereas she did kindergarten last year at a private school, it was much more exciting to refer to this day as the first day of "big school". So why the repeat of kindergarten you ask???? Well, basically because the only way for her to move on to first grade was to find a private school that accepted a first grader not based on age, oh, and a little thing called money. Apparently in our area of Houston, enrolling in kindergarten and first grade is based strictly on age, unless you find a private school that will accept a child based on skill level and not age. Anyway, Kayden was excited for big school and we were excited to not pay for private schooling anymore :)
Not only was it the first day of big school for Kayden, but it was the first kay of pre-kindergarten for Kaylee. Kaylee didn't move schools from where she went to pre-school, but now that she is in pre-kindergarten she has to wear a uni-form and she is old enough to go on field trips...woot woot.
But the day does not stop there my friends....August 24th was also Michaels 30th birthday. Sadly it was slightly overshadowed by this big school business, which I figured it would be, so I put together a little surprise party the Saturday before (unfortunately the pictures are on someone elses camera though). Can I tell you how hard it is to put a surprise together for the Mr. of all things control??? But I pulled a small little shin dig off at the downtown Aquarium and I would say it was a surprise till we walked in and saw my dad standing there (guess he didn't get the note to be seated) and of course the hostess said, "the rest of your party is upstairs". Nice.
Ok, back to his actual birthday...it was pretty low key, but I did manage to remember this little dive called, Lankfords Grocery, we had seen on Diner's Drive-ins and Dives about three weeks before that he wanted to go to, so I took him there. Seriously fantastic hamburgers. And I surprised him with a leaf blower, which may not sound that great to some, but Michael is oh so grateful for it.
And that folks was our big, vacation worthy, day!













1 comment:
Your kids are the cutest! Happy Birthday to Michael too!
Post a Comment