About this time last week I was day dreaming of the perfect weekend approaching. The weather was supposed to be beautiful, everyone in a great mood, a patch of pumpkins in perfect rows growing on the vines, and Kaylee loving the opportunity to spend time with both her mom and dad together, at the same time. (Ill back up for a quick second for those who I have just confused. Kaylee has been taught she has two mom's: me the step-mom who she calls mom, and her biological mom who she calls mom. Yes, this may be weird for some, but it works for us). Ok, so back to my story...fast forward now to the day of the events. The weather was disgustingly hot and humid (or should I say disgustingly normal), my hubby and I not in the best moods with each other, and the pumpkin patch was a disgrace. Honestly, shouldn't a pumpkin patch be a patch of pumpkins??? Is that really too much to ask for? Can you really call it a pumpkin patch when you pay $3 a person to walk under a sign and enter a piece of grass with a pile of pumpkins already picked? And seriously, is it really necessary to make the focus of the pumpkin patch all the $3 extra activities surrounding this pile of pumpkins? I'm sure any October-loving person can deeply sympathise with my frustration. Especially when one of my favorite traditions as a child was walking up and down rows of pumpkins and then picking that perfect one off the vine.
Girls, I know you had fun, but I promise next year if we have to travel 1,000 miles, we will find an appropriate pumpkin patch.
So continuing on... After the pumpkin patch we took all the girls to the zoo with Kaylee's mom and her boyfriend. Why does the zoo always sound like a much more fun idea in your head? And can I just tell you how so dang smart kids are...even 3 year old kids. Little miss Kaylee figured out rather quickly she could act as naughty as her little heart desired because mom and dad don't parent the same so someone is going to save her from getting in trouble. She is so smart in fact that when the end of the day came and it was time to go home with her dad and me (mom #2) she was as sweet as could be.
(Dear Kaylee, I really admire your intelligence for having figured out the tricks of playing against mom and dad...but no worries, one day you will appreciate having time with both your mom and dad together)
This cracks me up....
(sweet Kaylee before mom showed up)
(naughty Kaylee after mom was there)
1 comment:
you have turned into such a good blogger. they make me laugh. you have the cutest girls.
yes, that pumpkin patch wasn't too great. you weren't kidding when you email us. you could have just gone to the grocery store and seen the pile of pumpkins!
Post a Comment