Monday, October 6, 2008

This weekend

This weekend was great, as most weekends are, but this one was especially special. Special of course because it was general conference and always a comfort to have the opportunity to hear the leaders of the church speak...why do I always feel each talk was prepared just for me to listen to...hum...interesting. However, I will confess I did not hear all the conference talks and some of them were listened to with one ear...THANK HEAVEN FOR DVR...a MUST when you have kids :)

And the best part of every weekend is the time I get to spend with my girls. Friday night was Halloween movie night with just me, Kayden and Kyler. We watched Halloweentown courtesy of the Disney channel and then went to bed. Kaylee is with her mom Friday nights and Michael was out and about. Saturday I took Kayden and Kyler shopping for pieces of Kayden's Halloween costume (details to come later) and bought beads to make the girls bracelets. I don't make many things, but I love to make my girls bracelets. Kayden has had a bracelet on since day one of her life and at no point has ever been without one, I started the tradition with the rest of my girls so bracelets are pretty special in our house. Sunday was spent watching conference with Kaylee, Kyler and Michael (Kayden was at her grandma's...we always seem to be short a child...), and thanks to Kaylee was not short of any entertainment. Ever heard of "pee bear"? Apparently it is the replacement of "pooh bear". Kaylee was walking around the house with a bear and Michael said is that your pooh bear? She says, "no, pee bear". I guess if I were three and had to choose between my bear being called pee or poo, I would also pick pee.

Here are some pics of the weekend:

Kayden and Kyler during movie night


Kayden jammin in the car on the way to the mall


The girls and there bracelets


Kaylee and "pee bear"

1 comment:

Tay and Teigan said...

I am loving your updates. Yipeee! Man kids make every holiday better. And Kyler looks bigger already! So what are YOU going to be for Halloween?