Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Babyzilla

Hard to believe one year ago little miss Kyler made her debut into this world. Kyler, better known as Babyzilla for her bridezilla like temper, is the third daughter in our house, although the first daughter between both Michael and I. There was a lot of anticipation for Kyler's arrival, but secretly I know majority of people who are not family just wanted to see what she would look like and who she would act like since daughter number 1 is full white and daughter number 2 is full asian. It is safe to say kyler is a full mix! She is built like daddy, but looks like mommy, she has both our tempers, but both our sensitivity as well...she is addicted to all things food and rubs your arm so sweetly when she snuggles just like Kaylee, but she has a drive to do things on her own and the desire to talk about all things just like Kayden. Kyler has brought so much joy to our lives...she is just as much Kaylee's sister as she is Kayden's and just as much Michael's daughter as she is mine. She has brought our blended family together in a way no own else, nor all the time in the world would be able to. Don't bother calling anyone in our home "step" or "half" because our family does not know the meaning of those words and Kyler has shown us that we truly are all connected. WE LOVE YOU BABYZILLA!!!!

To celebrate Kyler's birthday we started a full week in advance singing Happy Birthday to her everyday and teaching her that when someone asks how old she is, she holds up one finger and says "one". Kyler really took to the happy birthday song and loves, loves, loves to sing it...she can sing along with the "happa brba" part and eats up the attention. We also started the week of by getting ready for her shin dig that took place this last Saturday.

Here is the weekend in pictures:
{Some of the decor for the party}

{some of the party guests}

{the cake}

{singing happy birthday}
the 'why the heck am I in my highchair outside on the driveway' look
the 'what is that thing' look

the 'daddy is this for me?' look

the 'oh my gosh it's the Happy Birthday song and all these people are singing to me' grin that lasted the rest of the song

the first dive in
yum, this is good

ok, for real, this is really good

and now I am done

{the end of the party}
This is the note I found on the master bedroom door as I was going to bed. No, I did not tell Kayden to write this, but I thought it was hilarious so I had to take a picture.

{the actual birthday morning}

{birthday lunch with mom and dad}
{opening presents with the fam and nana and papa}

{and more of this cake business}

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY MY SWEET and FEISTY BABYZILLA

2 comments:

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Cute pictures! That picture of the sign on your door is hilarious!

Tay and Teigan said...

She really looks so much like you these days! Adorable. My only complaint is the pictures are tiny and I can't get enough of her. Just sayin'.

I think it's time you come visit me again.